Information for families to support learning at home is available on the Learning at Home page on the public Department of Education website, this will continue to be added to over time. These include everyday activities based around the home, as well as ways to support learning and wellbeing of learners
Regards, Della Wells Principal
COVID 19 Update
23 Mar 2020
As you are well aware the situation regarding COVID 19 is changing daily. We apologise for sending you repeated updates but we feel that the following should be addressed and could you please implement as of tomorrow.
Pick Up and Drop Off
We strongly encourage you to drop your child/children off at school gate in the morning, except for younger students or students with additional needs who may need to be walked to class. If you do need to come into the school with your child, we ask that ALL parents drop their child at the classroom door and not enter rooms. The only exception is Kinder, where parents may have to enter briefly to settle their child. Obviously this is an attempt to further stop the spread of the Coronavirus.
If you need to have a conversation with a teacher this should be very brief and occur outside the room.
We apologise for any inconvience this may cause.
Please remember that if you child is sick, they are to stay at home.
From tomorrow (Tuesday), students will have access to a grey lead in their room but parents can send along a pencil case with coloured pencils, glue stick, scissors etc. for individual student use.
Thank you again for your support it has been amazing.
Regards, Della Wells Principal
Launch into Learning Program - Cancelled
20 Mar 2020
Due to the Corona Virus we advise that the Launch into Learning Programs which are currently held on Monday and Wednesday, will be cancelled until further notice.
Updated Information for families Re; Corona Virus
18 Mar 2020
We would like to update families in regards to the Corona Virus. We know everyone is in a difficult and stressful situation. Information is changing rapidly which adds to people’s distress. The following outlines our situation at the moment;
As a precautionary measure to reduce exposure the following social distancing measures have been adopted:
- School Canteen – LUNCH ORDERS ONLY. NO counter sales at recess or lunch. Our canteen Manager is taking extra measures with regards to hygiene in the canteen.
- School student banking is cancelled until term 2
- Grade 6 Band Rehearsals - cancelled on the 2nd April and 7th May
- Launching into Learning Wednesday morning music session is cancelled until further notice
- Men’s Shed cancelled until further notice
- School Term 1 Disco cancelled
Supporting Good Hygiene Practices
- Teachers are conscious of hygiene and are constantly reminding children about the protocols of handwashing and appropriate coughing and sneezing regimes.
- Toilets are constantly monitored for soap and soap dispensers. We take this opportunity if families can remind their child/children to use these products appropriately.
- School cleaners have been asked to wipe down door handles regularly.
- Students are being reminded to wash their hands before and after using technology devices
Students Staying At Home
We have had a few enquiries from parents and staff about online learning for students remaining at home. We fully support your decisions with regards to this, however due to the fact that the school is not closed and teachers are still preparing for their classes we are not in a position to provide substantial work packages. Teachers can however send home Mathletics and Reading Eggs logins to help support student learning. The DoE curriculum services are at the moment working on an online website that will be able to deliver online learning if the schools are eventually closed. Teachers will meet this afternoon to prepare a flyer for each class with regards to supporting students.
If your child is remaining at home please let the school office know in writing via the ‘report an absence’ on the school website/App, or email the school. We are still experiencing phone line issues so please be patient, this is a state wide issue. Parents are not expected to provide medical certificates as this could ultimately end up clogging up the health care system. Parents will also not be penalised with absence letters.